K Martin Consulting, a personal, practical, to the point, healthcare consulting firm, can provide management and clinical care, consultation & education for the Skilled Nursing/Long Term Care, Assisted Living, and Hospital professions.
Survey Compliance for CMS, State, Joint Commission standards, Mock Surveys, Clinical Care Standards, Policy and Procedures, Quality Management, Educational endeavors and much more, is available and tailored to your specific needs.
Set up Wound Rounds; data collection for risk management
Falls Prevention and post-fall reporting for risk management
Pain, Medication management
1. Survey corrective action assistance: Evaluation of current Federal and/or State citations, or Joint Commission prep can be completed resulting in recommendations for timely corrective action using a ‘systems’ approach to enable sustained compliance. Further assistance, as needed, may include but not be limited to the following:
Formulating policies and procedures
Development of Quality Assurance monitoring tools
Coordination of plan of correction, including writing the plan of correction, as necessary.
On-site resurvey assistance, as needed
2. Pre-Survey: Prep for survey is done in an interdisciplinary manner involving all departments and staff. Potential deficiencies will be reported and recommendations for corrective action supplied. On-site survey support, if desired.
3. Evaluation of nursing staffing patterns: Resident acuity levels, current nursing procedures and scheduling practices, and facility lay-out will be examined to assist in recommending adequate staffing to optimize the delivery of cost-effective quality of care.
4. Comprehensive orientation / training and support for special positions which include:
Director of Nursing
Interim Administrator/Director of Nursing Support
Staff Development Coordinator
5. Plans of Care Training: In-services and 1:1 training, as needed for all disciplines involved will be provided to assist in assuring quality care and regulatory compliance. Follow through from the Care Area Assessments (CAAs) as well as the resident’s current physical and mental status will be emphasized to help ensure “working / user-friendly plans of care.”
6. Case-Mix Index Optimization: Current facility Case-Mix Index, MDS 3.0 accuracy, and nursing / rehabilitation documentation will be evaluated. Recommendations to assist in driving the Case-Mix Index upward will be made and in-services provided, as needed, to train staff on Medicare’s RUG-IV and PA MA’s RUG-III, Version 5.12 CMI Classification System CMI and documentation necessary to maximize reimbursement from Medical Assistance and Medicare PPS. Assistance provided, as needed, with corrective action plans.
7. Restorative Nursing: Assistance provided in developing a comprehensive nursing program that will improve residents’ quality of life and assist the facility to maximize reimbursement and demonstrate cost-effective, positive resident outcomes.
8. Educational Offerings / In-service Presentations for ALL levels of staff: Presented, with most utilizing a Power Point format and, if requested, taped for the facility to utilize for additional presentations. The subject list is available on, but not limited to, the following:
Abuse Prevention, Recognition, Reporting, Investigating, and Interventions
Accident Prevention; investigation protocols
Depression in the Elderly
Documentation – Licensed Staff and Certified Nursing Assistants
Fall Prevention & Resident Safety
Interdisciplinary “Working” Plans of Care
Leadership and Management Skills
Pressure Ulcer Prevention & Treatment Quality Initiative
Restraints – Psychoactive and Physical
Unnecessary Drugs / Behavior Management
Numerous State-Directed Inservices
Reasonable pricing with personal and confidential service