K Martin Consulting, a personal, practical, to the point, healthcare consulting firm, can provide management and clinical care, consultation & education for the Skilled Nursing/Long Term Care, Assisted Living, and Hospital professions.
Survey Compliance for CMS, State, Joint Commission standards, Mock Surveys, Clinical Care Standards, Policy and Procedures, Quality Management, Educational endeavors and much more, is available and tailored to your specific needs.
Performance Improvement-QAPI; RCA
Set up Wound Rounds; data collection for risk management
Falls Prevention and post-fall reporting for risk management
Pain, Medication management
1. Survey corrective action assistance: Evaluation of current Federal and/or State citations, or Joint Commission prep can be completed resulting in recommendations for timely corrective action using a ‘systems’ approach to enable sustained compliance. Further assistance, as needed, may include but not be limited to the following:
2. Pre-Survey: Prep for survey is done in an interdisciplinary manner involving all departments and staff. Potential deficiencies will be reported and recommendations for corrective action supplied. On-site survey support, if desired.
3. Comprehensive orientation / training and support for special positions which include those newly appointed as:
Director of Nursing
Interim Administrator/Director of Nursing Support
Staff Development Coordinator
4. Plans of Care Training: In-services and 1:1 training, as needed for all disciplines involved will be provided to assist in assuring quality care and regulatory compliance. Follow through from the Care Area Assessments (CAAs) as well as the resident’s current physical and mental status will be emphasized to help ensure “working / user-friendly plans of care.”
5. Restorative Nursing: Assistance provided in developing a comprehensive nursing program that will improve residents’ quality of life and assist the facility to maximize reimbursement and demonstrate cost-effective, positive resident outcomes.
6. Educational Offerings / In-service Presentations for ALL levels of staff: Presented, with most utilizing a Power Point format and, if requested, taped for the facility to utilize for additional presentations. The subject list is available on, but not limited to, the following:
Abuse Prevention, Recognition, Reporting, Investigating, and Interventions
Accident Prevention; investigation protocols
Depression in the Elderly
Documentation – Licensed Staff and Certified Nursing Assistants
Fall Prevention & Resident Safety
Interdisciplinary “Working” Plans of Care
Leadership and Management Skills
Pressure Ulcer Prevention & Treatment Quality Initiative